Saturday, December 3, 2011

no 9-5 but where's all my down time

   I'm not back, as i was never an avid poster, but i am going to try my best to remember to yell at you guys more often.
   Thought i'd keep you guys posted with all that i do on my free time with more than 140 characters.
    Here's what you've missed,
- I'm restoring a 1967 BMW 1602
- I'm unbuilding a 1992 KZ1000 motorcycle into a siiiick soft tail bobber.
- I Mt. Bike every weekend and try my best to road when i can.
- Acting classes (I study with Aaron Speiser currently)
- I'm writing a novel
- And when none of that is happening, I'm probably surfing.

Here's what the bike has gotten so far;

picked up a 92 kz1000 police bike for a few bucks
                                         

From there it's been a process of removing everything police related. Sold all that for almost what i paid for the bike. Who knew it had value :)
Then in with the hack saw and out with a foot of frame after the solo seat. After that I shortened the crap out of the rear fender. Almost looks like a fin now. I dig it.
                                   

Next to go was the instrument cluster. It's more intricate than my car's.
Then it was time to give grandma back her bicycle handlebars. I went with clubmans and i love how they turned out. Switched to end mirrors as well.
The rear shocks i replaced with 11" Harley Huggers which lowered the bike 3 inches.
I was also going to replace the exhaust because it sounds like a sewing machine and looked awkward but now, with the drop, they're practically on the ground and i have come to almost like they way they look.
Next i need to figure that seat out. Right now it just screams "I like my women thick."  but here's what we got so far.

Tonight I finished "Sandblasting" the tank and rear fenders and primed them. They're going to be matte black. like a tank. I also still neet to reshape the front fender. That guy is absolutely ridiculous.
As far as the seat, I think i'm going to mock up a leaf spring seat. Looks like it will be pretty easy.

Well, that's all for now folks. I'll keep you posted with it as i go.

No comments:

Post a Comment